The Library will unforunately be closed until the end of the lockdown. When we see a way to re-open, we will announce it here and on our social media. Sorry for now, but we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as we can.
Meanwhile check out our festive voucher offer - give one, two or three months' free borrowing as a present (even to yourself, nudge nudge) https://shareoxford.org/gift-a-membership/
For information about our opening times, membership - and if you want to donate items to the Library - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can browse the inventory without joining, but if you want to borrow anything, this is how it works
- Create your account - if you were previously a member, you will have to renew with the new-style membership - £5 for the month with the £5 subscription being counted as credit against your borrowing.
- Supporter membership really helps us even more.
- Confirm your email address
- Browse the inventory and choose what you want to borrow
- Select the time & date that work for you
- Visit the Library of Things at any time during opening hours on your reservation date
- If it's your first visit, you'll have to provide proof of identity and of your address.
- A friendly volunteer will get your Thing for you.
- Pay for your item (and a deposit for expensive items)
- Take the Thing to your home, project or adventure
- Bring the Thing back with all its parts on the day it's due back – clean and ready for the next borrower
- Notice any damages? These things happen. If you can fix it easily and safely, then please do. If not, please let us know as soon as possible to email@example.com
- Finally a note on our prices: we are learning as we go and may be suggesting more than some people find reasonable for borrowing some items (we are trying not to) or may be underestimating what a loan is worth for other items (you are welcome to offer more than we ask if you think we are asking too little). It is our intention to review our prices every three months or so. We encourage our members and borrowers to give is feedback on our pricing, thank you.
5. JOIN EVENTS & VOLUNTEER!
- View our events calendar & sign up to join Repair Cafes, Thing Demos and more
Got practical skills to share? Like meeting and greeting people? Good at spreading the word? Got a knack for fixing things? Check out our opportunities and apply here
Find out more
Give us feedback
Got feedback for us? Want to request a Thing? Drop us an email.